Monday, June 28, 2010

Let's go to the Movies

Lately, Taylor has been begging for some undivided attention. So Adam and I thought we would take her to see Toy Story since it's in the theatres. I was alittle nervous about it and actually gave Adam a pep talk. I didn't want either of us going with high expectations. If we had to leave 45 minutes into the movie, then we would.

So Saturday morning, Nana watched Kendall and the three of us headed to the movies. Taylor caught a catnap in the car. We had lunch at Wich Which where Adam let Taylor concoct her own sandwhich. I opened it and thought "oh my what have you done." Surprisingly, she ate it. It was a BLT on wheat with mushrooms, olives, pickles, mayo, ketchup, mozarella,salt, pepper, oregano and I"m sure I'm leaving something out. Again, she picked everything on it and she ate it.

After lunch, we headed to the movies. She played outside by the "mountain" (fountain) and we let her "play" some video games out front.


We tried to take her in at the last minute possible. We took several potty trips and after findind seats, I took her out in the hall to get her 'runs out'. Running that is. (there weren't any people around and it was half the hallway).

I'm not sure who was more excited me or Taylor. Surprisingly, she sat through the entire movie. She did GREAT! We talked about how she would have to sit real still and talk softly. She was so proud of herself afterwards saying that she sat still. She only left the theatre twice... once to get popcorn and a second to go potty. Another real trick (for us) was that we didn't get popcorn at the beginning. She asked for it probably 45 minutes into the movie and it offered a distraction per se for the second half of the movie.

She only had one meltdown and that was before the movie even began... because I carried her down the steps for a potty break. She wanted to do it herself. It was a great outing and I was SUPER proud of her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I AM SO PROUD OF TAYLOR AND HER FIRST MOVIE. SHE DID SO GOOD. SHE WONT FORGET IT. YOU AND ADAM DID GOOD AT PLANNING THIS OUT. I CAN,T HARDLY SIT THROUGH A MOVIE.

THE PICTURE OF TAYLOR AND KENDALL WALKING IS PRICELESS. IT REMINDS ME OF THE ONE OF YOU AND MELISSA WHEN YOU WERE ABOUT THAT AGE.

Carol said...

Tell Taylor that CiCi is sooooo proud of her. She's such a big girl. And great parenting! You and Adam were very selfless to spend your anniversary weekend taking T to her first movie.