Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

This year for Mother's Day, I decided to stay put since I was having a baby in 48 hours - and was trying to keep it that way. I wasn't sure if I would enjoy my day but it turned out rather nice. When we woke up, Adam made me my favorite breakfast: chocolate chip pancakes and scrambled eggs. It was delicious. Afterwards, he surprised me with an apple tree that he later planted. I was able to take a nap and read my book. I rarely get to enjoy both. That afternoon, I had Shealy's delivered to my doorstep (a huge thanks to my parents for the Shealy's, Nana and Pa Allen for the delivery). Taylor and I watched Adam plant the apple tree and Taylor got her first experience with the hose/sprinkler. We played outside for an hour and ended up taking her inside kicking and screaming because her diaper had had enough. It was a great day! It's hard to believe in just a couple of days, our family will be on more person larger.





No comments: