Thursday, May 7, 2009

Hmm....

I really don't feel like blogging though I've had a running list in my head for weeks of things I should blog about. But considering I'm suppose to have a baby in less than a week, I figured I better get in one more blog. So what has happened the past few weeks...

1. I think we are officially ready to have Kendall. I've been physically ready... the mentally ready has been lagging. But I think I'm on board now. I've also come to really appreciate all the other mother's out there. This has been a REAL hard pregnancy on me... my body... alot of pains, 24/7. The thing that has kept me going is knowing my end date 5/13. I feel like the little engine that could.... 12 more days... I think I can..... 10 more days... I think I can. I sat up one night realizing that most women can't do that. They don't know their end date. They never see the light at the end of the tunnel... it just appears suddenly. Also I appreciate all the other mothers because as much pain as I've been in... I still am having this baby two weeks early. I have no idea how women carry until 40,41, or even 42 weeks. It's insane! Kudos to all mothers!

2. Sleepless nights: Every morning Adam asks me "How did you sleep last night?" My answers have gone from an actual answer to a grunt to now I just ignore him. He has quit asking. Between the bathroom trips EVERY 2 HOURS (literally.... am I suppose to peeing that much), the thousands of things going through my head, (I've started keeping pen and paper by my bed and have aced writing in the dark, and the pains of rolling over from Position #1 to position #2 and back again. Nightime is not for sleeping!

3. On a brighter note, I think Taylor is going to okay with a new sibling. I think she is going to be alittle momma. She is already such a little helper around the house. But Miss. Lisa at daycare has caught her chasing the baby trying to feed him. This week, while I was getting our bottles ready, I gave her an empty bottle and a formula dispenser (the kind that's already partitioned). She spent the ENTIRE day playing with it. She knew exactly what to do with it. She would take the imaginary formula dump it into the bottle while making this 'shhh' sound and then turn the bottle upside down. It's amazing what she picks up... she must have seen this at daycare. I'm alittle nervous about the hospital stay for her. She's never been away from m/d or home that long. But it may be tougher on me than her.

4. Other big Taylor news.... Last weekend she went pee pee on the potty! We really aren't potty training. But when she started acting like she was curious, I bought her a potty. Since then she usually just sits on it with clothes while we go potty. At times she tells us when she is pee peeing but she hasn't acted interested in sitting down to do it. But last weekend, she said pee pee and Adam put her on and by golly she went! We freaked... she seemed to not think it was a big deal. Maybe she won't be so hard to potty train.




5. Taylor had her first major boo-boo last week. She was at daycare and got hit in the head with one of those metal buggy swings. It could have been worse but it still called for a trip to the doctor. Luckily it didn't need stitches. He was able to dermabond it. But that was by far the most traumatizing doctor experience she's/we been through. I was wishing for her worse ear infection. Luckily she seemed to forget about the whole experience once we left. But it took 4 of us to hold her down. And she was so scared... had no clue what was going on. That is one experience I'd rather not have to repeat!




6. Finally pictures of the finished nursery...


3 comments:

kay said...

We are so excited about all the things going on next week. Can't wait to meet Kendal. The nursery is soo cute.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to meet Kendall! I know you're all anxiously waiting! Let me know if you need anything!

Kristin

margaret said...

THE NURSERY IS BEAUTIFUL. I REALLY LIKE THE COLOR YOU CHOSE. WE ENJOYED TAYLOR THIS WEEK. SHE IS A SMART LITTLE GIRL AND SO GOOD.
JUST THINK NEXT WEEK THIS TIME SHE WILL BE A BIG SISTER. LOVE NANA