Thursday, June 4, 2009

Edventure Adventure


On Memorial Day, Melissa, Gary and the kids came by to visit and afterwards we all went to Edventure. Adam and I have never been but I've wanted to go for a long while. The first half of the trip was great and the second half was miserable.

We got there late in the morning. There was so much to do it was almost overwhelming. I'm not sure who had more fun - Taylor or Adam. I was 'stuck' pushing the baby stroller most of the time, so I just had to watch. The funniest part of the day was at the 'baby grocery store.' It was the cutest concept. These tiny shopping carts they can push and shop. THere are cash registers to ring up and isles of groceries, a bakery and frozen section. Taylor grabs her cart and as serious as she can be starts shopping. Somehow she went straight to the bakery section and look what she picked out all by herself....

A cake and pecan pie. Not another thing in the store appealed to her... just desserts.

I laughed so hard. It was priceless. But then again... kind of sad. I mean we dont' eat THAT much junk food around here. And if we do it's in the form of cookies - not cakes and pies. I will say though with all the recent birthday's she learned REAL quick what a cake was. But I'll have to be more careful about my food choices around her.

She also enjoyed the firetruck with Daddy.


At this point in the day, Momma had checked out. Kendall had awoken with a vengeance wanting to be fed. It was a complete nightmare trying to hold her, feed her and push the stroller. After that she ended up screaming the rest of the trip.
Adam and I passed her back and forth trying to calm her but not much worked. Oh the colicky days began. We were worn out by the time we got home.

No comments: