Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Kendall's allergic reaction

Last week Kendall broke out in this crazy bump like rash. At first I thought it was flea bites. But they continued to get worse and worse and no one else was getting bites. After about 5 days of it progressing, it hit me that we had started her on oatmeal a few days before the rash appeared. I should also mentioned that while she had the rash, she puked like crazy. She's a reflux baby but hasn't spit up like this ever. It was crazy. So I looked up and of course self diagnosed her with an oatmeal allergy. But the internet said a reaction would be exacty like she had. She's been oatmeal for 5 days and the rash and continued to improve. Yea! Though now I'm scared about what kind of allergies she may have. I'm hoping this is something that just didn't agree with her right now. But I'm worried she may have a wheat allergy or worse a gluten intolerance, which will change our eating habits drastically. See pictures below... I had taken these prior to realizing what it was... I was prepared to post them on here to ask people what they thought it was... bites, rash, eczema. But now I know. We see the doctor on Friday so we'll see what he says about that... along with her eczema and cross eyes. I'm sure I'll have something to blog about then.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

POOR BABY. I BET SHE WAS ITCHING WHEN I HAD HER AND I DIDN,T KNOW IT. I,M GLAD YOU DECIDED WHAT WAS CAUSING THE RASH. GLAD TAYLOR AND KENDALL HAD A GOOD CHECKUP THEY ARE SO SWEET TOGEATHER. KENDALL LOOKING UP AND LAUGHING AT TAYLOR. THEY WILL BE SO CLOSE. LOVE NANA