Sunday, September 13, 2009

Things I've realized....

Random things I've realized....

1) I hate asking for help. I don't necessarily turn help away but find it hard to ask for help.

2. I have forgotten how to relax. Even when I have moments to relax, I choose to do something else that needs to be done. In the end, I am the only one who suffers.

3. I don't give my husband enough credit for all the hard work he does.

4. My children are so darn cute... even when they are irritating.

5. Vinegar makes a great household cleaner.

6. There's no point in cleaning house when it becomes stain splattered dirty in a matter of minutes.

7. I'm so done with animals (for now)... I have enough mouths to feed, poop to clean and cries to attend to without having dogs or cats.

8. Revelation: According to Taylor's baby book, every time she was sick last year with her 'fever viruses' she also got a tooth or teeth at the same time. The runny noses caused her to have ear infections but I believe most of her 'illnesses were really teething symptoms. Therefore, I'm thinking this on and off low-grade fever for two weeks and runny nose is her getting her two year old molars. Plus she told me last night that her teeth hurt... however I did catch her gnawing on her bed rail.

9. I miss my own kid imagination. I enjoy watching Taylor play with her ceramic garden frogs. She treats them like other kids treat baby dolls... I know... my kid is special. She rocks them, changes their diaper, feeds them, spanks them, puts them in time out and this weekend we had her school nap stuff home to wash and she kept her frogs in nap mode with blanket, pillow and milk... after singing Amazing Grace to them. It was so adorable.

10. Kendall isn't ready to sleep through the night. She did sleep from 7 to 5 ish for about two weeks but that stopped a week ago. She's back to her one night feeding again.

11. I also realized this weekend that the pesky skin rash on Kendall's face is really eczema and it is spreading. We've started to treat it with Aveeno.

12. For the first time this weekend, I was almost embarrased by one of my babies and am almost ashamed about it. We ate at IHOP and Kendall was very alert and looking around. It seemed everyone was oohing and aweing over her with giggles. Then it hit me are they awwing or laughing at her cross-eyes. I can't wait for her Oct appointment so we can see what the doctor says. I'm sure we are past the stage for them to correct themselves.

13. Should feel blessed for all I have and am but wear myself out so thin that I forget how blessed I am.... that's a problem.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

KENDALL IS A PRECIOUS BABY AND HAS SO MUCH PERSONILITY SO NATUARAL PEOPLE OR GO MAKE OVER HER.SHE IS AT SUCH A CUTE STAGE. TAYLOR IS GETTING SO BIG ACTING ALSO. I,M GLAD SHE IS DOING GOOD AT SCHOOL. DID YOU GET TO GIVE YOUR ANIMALS AWAY?
hope all of you have a good week.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your sweating the small stuff. Always remember, that regardless of what our children look like or what they do, they are a product of us and we must remain proud. As far as the eyes go, I talked to Angie this weekend and she said that Jordyn was going to have to have the surgery again she thought. They say the earlier you get it done, the less likely the surgery will have to be repeated. Good luck on the Eckzema fight, we have been fighting it for some time. Hey, leave Taylor and her frog playing alone. She just thinks outside of the box. Anybody can have a traditional baby doll, who has frog babies. The asking for help, I can relate to. I have found that as I grow older and as I have gotten more children, that I must ask for survival. Asking for help is not a sign of weakness, but rather a sign of maturity. When we finally realize that in order to be a better mommy,wife, etc. we need a break too. One last thing, this family has a fedish on clean houses. Don't let that ruin the time you have with your children. As long as DHEC isn't knocking on your door, you shouldn't worry about the family. Take on Kristins quote, I would apologize for the dirty house, but it will look this way the next time you see it too. Show them some of the beautiful memories you are making instead.

Keith, Kristin, Ava Grace, and Will said...

You're such a great mom, and it's so much work having two very little ones! I used to get upset when people would look away when Ava Grace had her DOC band (helmet). They didn't want us to think they were staring at her. I just wanted to scream, "There's nothing wrong with her!!" Send those babies to your parents for a night and have in your mind that you're going to use the time (guilt-free) for YOU (and maybe even a date night). You'll feel so much better afterwards.

Keith, Kristin, Ava Grace, and Will said...

By the way, our pediatrician and dermatologist recommended Cerave lotion for my kids' eczema. You can get it at CVS. If there's a spot that's really rough and scratchy (that's not on her face), you can use a little dab of hydrocortisone cream.

Anonymous said...

hOPE ALL OF YOU HAD A GOOD DAY. IF YOU NEED AN EXTRA BABY SITTER , CHECK WITH ME. I MAY BE ABAILLIABLE. WE ARE THROUGH WITH DR APPOINTMENTS FOR AWHILE AND I HAVE RETIRED FROM HOUSE WORK.

.

kay said...

This sounds like it could be me, 20 something years ago. Treasure your family and yourself. Pray without ceasing;it will not be in vain.