Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Growing up too fast....

Taylor started 'school' this past Monday. It's really not school... not even a preschool... it's daycare. But after being in an in-home daycare since birth it's a huge change. Overall I think she's adjusting well. She cried a good bit on Monday. She still cries at drop off in the mornings and says she doesn't want to go to school. But she dries up quickly and has a good day. I can already tell a difference in things and am so excited about school. First, she's wearing panties and still going to the bathroom. Now let me explain this. At home, the only way we could get her to go potty is to let her run around with no britches (no panties, diaper, nada). She would pee, poop,etc all by herself. Put a diaper, pull-up or even panties on the girl and she would pee in them. So today I put panties on her (trying to get away from the bare bottom phenomenon) and she pooped and peed in the potty all by herself. YEA!! Second thing she has learned this week (remember in just three days) is the letters A and B. We are just sitting there playing when she starts telling me "that's B." At first I ignored her but she kept repeating herself. Sure enough, when I looked up she was pointing to the B on the title "Mega Blocks." Ask her where the "A" is and she knows where it is as well. I was so proud I had a tear in my eye. And lastly the funniest thing was coming home from school. All of a sudden she starts screaming "Stop!" "Stop" Momma, Stop the car!" What two year old says that? Ohhh... it was soo funny.


Kendall is also getting so big. I weighed her at home (so probably not very accurate) but she's about 15 lbs. I'm shocked... but not. I think Taylor was only 10 lbs or so at 4 months... I should look. But Kendall is such a big girl. We started her on rice this week (a litle early, I know). I was just experimenting to see if she was ready because she has been eating us out of the house. She gobbled that stuff up. It was crazy! She doesn't eat much of it but she seems to like it. Imagine that! She is also starting to smile and laugh alot. We think she is very tickilish. She giggles every time we change her clothes, wipe her neck play with her hands/arms. It's pretty funny. She seems to be such a happy, laid-back baby. I can't wait to see what her personality will be like.

Ahhh these moments are the ones we cherish for a lifetime.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad it has been a good move for Taylor and that you are getting what you wanted out of the move. I have enjoyed the opportunity to share in Taylors' life for the first 2 years. Sending hugs and kisses to Tay Tay.