Friday, September 24, 2010

Goodbye September, Hello October

September started out a dousy. Unfortunately, it has continued the entire month. Our family has never been so eager to see a month go by and start a new month. Let me recap.

Sunday, August 29 (not even September yet)- I started feeling sick. I was up all night, nauseaus and just couldn't sleep.

Monday, August 30 - woke up sick with major stomach bug. Kendall was due for a rocephin shot to cure yet another ear infection. Mom met me at doctors office since I was so sick. On way home from doctors office, I was rear ended on Interstate 20. We were okay. I'll probably post a seperate blog on this later.

I stayed out of work most of the week due to car accident. Stomach bug continued for eight FULL days. It turned out to be food poisioning. By day seven, I was so dehydrated, I could barely get out of bed. I felt so bad. Luckily, by day eight the antibiotic had kicked in and I started seeing improvement.

This SAME week (dousy beginning, remember), Adam came down with bronchitis. He has suffered for four weeks with this bug. He's gone through numerous cough medicines, two antibiotics, and finally a round of steriods seems to be his best treatment. He's still got a cough but feeling probably 85% better.

Kendall ended up having a HORRIBLE ear infection. We finally got our ENT referral. We saw him on 9/15. He was excellent. We ended up doing tubes the very next day. Again, I'll post more about that later with pictures.

Kendall also got her glasses this month and has been adjusting to those pretty well. She seems to like them but goes through times when she refuses to wear them.

Taylor has had some major adjustments this month as well. The beginning week of September, we were all so sick that she ended up sleeping with me every night. We didn't have the energy to put her to bed. Her bedtime routine takes like 45 minutes. So after we were all 'well' we had to transition her back to her room. This past week we had quite a scare with Taylor (again I'll post a seperate blog). Small blessings, paranoid parents and a Doctor Care visit ended up saving her from having pneumonia. It was a close call.

All this has been in a four week period. Can you see why we are ready for a new month. I am still dealing with the car accident injuries and treatment.

1 comment:

margaret said...

Enjoyed reading all your blogs but sure hope Oct. will be a better month for all of you. Hope all will have a healthy month. Kendall is so cute with her glasses. Hope they do her good. Glad Taylor is alright for her big Three year old birthday party

Love all

Nana and Pa Allen