Sunday, October 12, 2008

More 12 month Milestones




1. First ear infection. Friday we found out she has her first ear infection. I call it alittle bittersweet because of course I don't wish an ear infection on my child. But I was so proud that she waited until after a year to have her first one. Most of the children in my family have had problems with ear infections/ tubes prior to their first birthday party. So it was nice to be able to escape that problem.... for now.


2. First Fair experience and merry go ride. We went to the fair for alittle while today. She got to see the horses and seemed to enjoy them. But when we started approaching the merry go round, she about jumped out of Adam's arms. So Adam took her for her first ride. She rode one of the horses and just laughed the entire time. It was precious.

3. Taylor is going to be a BIG SISTER! Yea, yea. The rumor is true. As of today, I'm 8 weeks pregnant. It's already been an up and down emotional roller coaster. I went to the doctor several weeks ago, but when they did an ultrasound to determine how far along I was, the doctor didn't see a baby - just an empty sac. He said it was most likely a pending miscarriage but for me to come back in a week. That was the longest week ever. However, the following week an ultrasound confirmed I was 6 1/2 weeks pregnant with a baby and a strong heart beat. The only explanation they can give me is I was too early to be seen the previous week.

I feel pretty good about this pregnancy as since then I've developed morning sickness and the hormones are definintly there. During that week I prayed for answers, miscarriage (I didn't want a DNC)... anything. And I feel I got my answer. We are excited... of course nervous... as we weren't expecting this at all. But please keep us in your prayers as we go through this pregnancy. Hopefully we will have far less complications.


Blogging off for now.. Make sure you read all my recent blogs. I added several below.

4 comments:

Puma said...

I am excited about my 4th grandchild. WOW God is gracious. To have 4 under 2 1/2 years old. I am going to need to get more fishing poles. To thing that in October 2006 we had our Deciple Class praying for our family and the extension of our family. WOW powerful. God is gracious.

Love you all

POPSEY

Keith, Kristin, Ava Grace, and Will said...

That's wonderful, Amy! Congratulations! Two is double the love! We are very excited for you!!!!

Anonymous said...

WhooHoo!!! Four and couting. Popsey says I can't get a van to hold all the chaps. Heck, I'm holding out for a bus! I am so excited, and continue to pray for you all daily. I've just added another one to the list. God is so good! Your daddy and I feel so blessed that all of our grandchildren have such terrific, loving, and godly parents. I love y'all!
CiCi

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Amy and Adam!