Friday, October 24, 2008

This week's highlights

We had a good week this week. But I'll try to capture what I can.

1. Adam started his real job on Monday. Last Friday, they had a graduation ceremony and lunch for him and his 'classmates.' This was the end of an extensive 12 week training course. I was able to attend and meet his teacher and his new supervisor. His supervisor seems really cool and good to work for. Adam enjoyed his first week so far. He comes home with stories every day of what he's doing and the people. His co-workers seem to be real laid back so I'm sure Adam will fit in well. In fact, his boss was found playing goff in the halls praticing for a fundraiser. His boss also takes him for 'walks down 'the mile' (which apparantly is this extremely long hall way to get to the common area) to make sure he's getting settled. I am so grateful that Adam has been blessed with BCBS. It seems now that all the other jobs and hurdles were just 'stepping stones' and that this is where he is meant to be.


2. I had a pre-natal doctor visit this week and got another good report. I was nervous about it considering I was one for one with good/bad reports. He didn't do a ultrasound but did do a 'scan' to verify that there was a heartbeat.... and there was. I'll be 10 weeks on Monday. This pregnancy has been alot better than the first. (knock on wood). I have minimal morning sickness though there have been some moments that were close calls. Mostly I've been hungry all the time and tired. The fatigue is pretty profound but I also blame being out of shape. I loss a lot of muscle mass being on bedrest a year ago with Taylor and I'm 10 lbs heavier at the start of this pregnancy that with her. So my weak body is starting to feel everything.


3. Taylor is growing daily. She is such a toddler now. She is soo... bad but so cute. She's really not bad ... but is developing some nasty habits. Such as impatience. The child will scream a shrill scream if she wants something and doesn't get it IMMEDIATELY. She's also started testing her limits. She kind of funny because we'll tell her no to someting and she'll just watch us with a smirk and do it again. The funniest thing is at the dinner table she likes to throw her food on the floor. Adam has really started to get on to her about that and it has started to hurt her feelings drastically. When he yells at her for it, she looks at him and bursts in to tears. These big croccodile tears start falling and she goes into a full fit crying tantrum like you just stole her heart. It always sets me into giggles. But then again... she is a daddy's girl. She walks around all day 'dada' 'dada.' Every morning she wakes up screaming for him from his crib. He's the one that gets her up and ready since I"m usually gone. So she just screams his name over and over until he comes and gets her. It's so cute but sometime I'm envious.



She's also walking away. She's done really well with it. A week ago she was still crawling most of the time. Now she rarely crawls. Our little girl is growing up.

I've updated my blog so make sure you continue to scroll down to see my latest posts and pictures.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Congratulations to Adam! Sounds like a great job.

I'm glad your appointment went well. Keep us updated...