Saturday, August 8, 2009

Taylor Tidbits

Where to begin with 'Taylor Tidbits?' She's at the age where so much is happening so fast. I have so many things to blog about for her.

1. Paci Bootcamp was ultimately a success. Night #4 was the roughest. It took her an hour of screaming to fall asleep and she woke three times during the night crying. The next night, I had a little talk with her about being a big girl. I'm not sure what I said or if she understood any of it. But that night, she went to bed with a 'new' bear and a book to read. She fell asleep reading her book. Since then that's been her routine. She fusses sometimes and asks for her paci during the day occasionally but overall has adjusted really well.

2. Bedtime stalling has become an art for her. It's taken me a few nights to realize how smart Taylor is... but I've caught on. After putting her to bed... she says she needs to eat. So first night, I beleive her and get her a snack. The next night I make sure she eats a good dinner. Second night she needs to pee pee. Okay... can't tell her no. So we sit on the potty for a while... no pee pee. Back to bed. Next night... she needs to eat. I tell her no. Needs to pee pee....tell her no. She wants milk... no. She wants to rock rock... no. She goes through all these items every night now. It breaks my heart sometimes... what if she is hungry... what if she does need to pee pee... but I've given her the chance to go many nights and learned she's stalling for bed. Kind of funny coming from a 22 month old.

3. Potty Training is going to be a breeze with this child. She is so ready and I'm so proud of her. She is constantly telling us she needs to go pee pee and she does. She's started waking us first thing in the morning to go (and once at 4:30 am). She's going in the potty on a regular basis when she is home. Today I decided to let her go several hours without a diaper. She refuses to wear panties so she went bare bottom. She did this for about 3 hours with only one accident. Again in the afternoon we did it again for about 2 hours with no accidents.

4. Taylor is starting to dress herself and pick out her clothes. I have pictures of her "picking' out her clothes for the day.


When she dresses herself everything goes feet first. She doesn't want any help so we can't correct her right now. THe "small fries' picture is her night shirt. She walked around the house like this for an hour because she refused our help. We got a good laugh out of it.



5. Just recently, Adam and I have decided to enroll Taylor in a public daycare. We are really excited about this decision. Nervous for Taylor and how well she'll adjust but overall excited. We've visited several times and even took Taylor a couple of those times. We've been pleased. They have a nice set up and Taylor seems excited about "school," though I'm sure she doesn't know what she's getting into yet. We felt that she would benefit from a structured routine and curriculum. She totally loves Miss Lisa's, but wanted her to work on more social skills with more kids. Taylor tends to freeze up when she gets around a group of kids. The older she gets, the harder this will be on her. I didn't want to wait until public school to introduce her to this type of environment. This daycare is expanding there two year old program this fall and just happened to have openings. Otherwise we would have to be on a waiting list. Please pray for Taylor as she makes this adjustment at the end of the month. I know she'll have a ball once she gets use to the new atmosphere.

2 comments:

Carol said...

I can identify w/Taylor and her "can't find anything to wear" routine. I've been doing a lot of that lately too. And as for the bare bottom, all I can say is, "like mother, like daughter."

Anonymous said...

I CAN,T BELIEVE BOTH ARE GROWING SO FAST. TAYLOR SURE HAS A MINE OF HER OWN AND KNOWS HOW TO USE IT

TAYLOR WILL PROBABLY ADJUST WELL AT HER NEW SCHOOL. IT SOUNDS LIKE IT WILL BE GOOD.

SOUNDS LIKE YOU AND MELISSA HAD A GOOD SPENDING SPELL. GOOD THEY DON,T COME TOO OFTEN