Saturday, January 10, 2009

Cinnamon Rolls....

Yummm, I'm sitting here enjoying a nice warm plate of cinnamon rolls. I'm on my third... oooh I shouldn't say that and still counting. They are so good. The highlight of my week! I'll probably have a belly ache afterwhile but for now they are hitting the spot. Baby M likes them too though her favorite is Banana Nut Crunch Cereal. That makes her go haywire. :-)

We are slowly recovering from our intense week. Adam saw the doctor yesterday (family doctor not ortho) to make sure he was healing properly... for now. He came home with new meds and wraps for his legs. He looks like a burned victim but they are working well. He's working on getting a knee brace for support.

I went back to work yesterday. It was kind of rough but most everyone is being supportive. I'm having some problems with what I am almost certain is sciatic nerve problems in both legs. Quite painful. If anyone knows any good remedies, let me know.

Taylor officialy has the 'crud.' Hopefully it won't turn into anything more. She is feeling pretty rotten and we can't keep up with her nose. She did however sleep much better last night, which was a relief.

She is so cute and I've realized that she has inherited the CiCi neat gene. Even at 15 months, she amazes me with her cleaning skills. Last week, she found a napkin on the floor and she started scrubbing the kitchen floor with it. She spent the longest time in her own little world 'mopping' the floor.

This week Adam and I were in the living room talking and she was just playing by herself. She walks to the kitchen and comes back with a kitchen towel... dragging it the way she does her blankie. It was the same color so we paused wondering if she thought it was her blankie. But she walked over to her stool in the living room and started wiping it. I looked down and amazingly there was water all over her stool and she was cleaning it up on her own.

If she finds trash on the floor, she will walk it to the trash can without anyone telling her to. Then she'll start playing in the trash but that's another story. It's amazing. Half of this stuff, I don't know where she even got it from. It's amazing what they pick up on. Oh, it's the little things .. but it's so sweet to see our little Taylor becoming a responsible citizen so early on. heh heh


Just a clarification on Baby M - we don't have any names picked out yet. We really haven't talked much about names. Heck, we havne't started on anything... am I really expecting? We were going to start clearing out the 'nursery' this weekend but opted not since all three of us are crippled/sore/sick. Hopefully it'll get done before the baby arrives. One day we'll come up with a name as well. As far as I see it we still have 5 months to prepare... right? That's coming from someone who doesn't have a procrastination bone in her body. Kind of scary!

Bloggin off for now....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ENJOYED READING YOUR BLOG TODAY. WE WERE TALKING ABOUT THE MOON AND THAT IT IS SUPPOSE TO BE THE BIGGEST TONIGHT. IT MUST HAVE EFFECT ON PEOPLE. POLICEMENS SAY CRIME IS ALWAYS WORSE ON FULL MOON SO BETTER STAY HOME. TAYLOR IS SO SWEET WITH HER CLEANING. SHE IS ALREADY TRYING TO DO HER PART IN THE FAMILY. LOVE ALL NANA

Anonymous said...

I love that Taylor is cleaning. Between her and Caedyn they should be able to carry on when I can't--which at this rate could be sooner than later. I noticed the moon last night and thought of you. I know how you have always observed the sky and I couldn't help but think that all this craziness if from the moon. I, too, hope it will pass with the moon.
mom/cici