Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Rollercoaster Ride continues....

Well unfortuantely, the drama in the Morrison household has continued for the past few days. Today was much calmer but thank goodness. Just to recap - if that's something I can do.

Saturday- Adam's unlucky run-in with the pecan tree. Spent four hours in the ER. Saturday night I started having contractions so bad that my parents had to come get Taylor. Poor T was back and forth between houses all day but I knew that Adam and I weren't capable of watching her. Contractions calmed down for the night after I was able to settle down.

Sunday - We enjoyed our rest but my contractions and 'irritability' continued. After a long debate and talk with my home nurse, Kim, we thought it would be best to get checked out at the hospital. So Adam and I headed up there. As we pull in the parking lot, my OB doctor returned my call and told me to not go to the ER, but to go home and put my feet up, drink lots and see how the night goes. He also said to not plan on going back to work until Wednesday. By this point, I was pretty frustrated because I felt like I needed peace of mind that things were okay. We went to get Taylor from my parents and then headed home.

Monday - Taylor went to daycare and I had the house to myself. I was still feeling iffy. Contractions had calmed down - nothing like they were on Saturday- but was still having a good many if I was up and about. I decided to call the office to see if they thought I need to be seen. Well after that call, the doctor decided I should go to the Maternal Assessment Unit at the hosptital. So Adam who had 'hobbled' to work today despite his gimped up legs, had to leave work early and meet me at the hospital. I ended up spending about 3 hours there. Of course, during those three hours, I had minimal contractions but again showed a good bit of irritablity. They gave me a shot of Brethine, which really jacks you up, and sent me home with the pill version to take when my contractions become more than 5 an hour. What comfort. Everything else checked out fine - no dilation, etc. What a relief.

Well we weren't home but an hour and a half from the hospital when Lisa (daycare) called about Taylor. Taylor was screaming her head off - high pitch shrills, unconsolable - for the last hour. I could hear her and the adrenaline rush kicked back in. Here we go... Adam had already left to go get her but I swear that half hour was the worst. Taylor was going baserk. I've never heard her scream the way she was screaming and I felt 'helpless' that I couldn't get to her. I just had to wait for Adam to bring her back. We were contemplating taking her straight to urgent care - she was screaming that bad- but Adam thought he could get her home first. She calmed down some with Adam and was able to get her home, where she obviously didn't feel good and sobbed and whimpered some but nothing like she was doing at Lisa's. We gave her some Motrin (per her doctors orders) and went to take her temp. At this point, we couldn't get the thermometer in, she starts screaming again and I panic. I thought, oh she's eaten something she can't pass. If you know Taylor, she's a human vacuum. Adam even saw what I saw. We immediately got her in the car and headed to urgent care. However, on the way there, she seemed to calm down. We then started to reasses the situation - Adam and I clearly weren't very stable and seem to be jumping to rash decisions at this point. We realized what ever pain she was in the motrin helped... and maybe we could make through the night. That sure would cost us hundreds versus a doctor office copay. I realized that if she ate anything it wouldn't be obstructed where we thought it was and perhaps she was constipated, even though she just went yesterday. Third, we were headed to the satellite urgent care - were they equipped for a toddler? and the cost of walking in the door. I didn't want to put Taylor through the exams and such they would do if we went there if she seemed content at this point. So we decided to go home and see how she does.

GOOD DECISION. Taylor ended up being constipated (was that the cause of her screaming fit????- maybe) but that resolved itself. She did run a fever from the time she got home from daycare to about 2 am but then she woke up in a sweat and hasn't had a fever since. (Maybe she had a quick virus along with it????? It was the craziest thing I've ever seen. I kept her home with me (despite me supposedly taking it easy) just to watch her and incase she needed to go to the doctor. But she has felt great and no fever.

I currently am doing better. Still not contraction free, but went most of the day without them. They returned last this afternoon, which is common, I think. I go to the OB doctor Thursday for an appointment and the BIG ultrasound. Work said just come back Friday with a note from my doctor approving me being there. So hopefully, I'll be able to get some rest tomorrow. This rollercoaster ride has been absolutely exhausting.

Adam is doing much better. He's off cruches and yesterday realized he could bend his knee more - until then he hadn't tried. The bruising is really settling in and Taylor constantly asks him 'what's that?' See the pics below of his boo boo as of today - 3 days after. Saturday, there wasn't much to see as it was all internal - swelling and red. Now it's more picture ready. We are still very grateful of this outcome. I believe Adam has played the incident in his head a thousand times since it happened as he talked about it nonstop for the first two days.


Hope everyone else is having a much calmer start to the new year. I hope this isn't a fortaste of what's to come for my family.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adam's leg looks awful. I have thanked God repeatedly since Sat. that Adam is OK. And I'm keeping you and Taylor and Baby M in my constant prayers. This roller coaster will eventually run out of hills. God is always in control.
I love y'all.
mom/cici

Anonymous said...

Take care of yourself and rest up! If you need a babysitter- call me! Taylor is more than welcome to come up and spend time with us. :) So you find out what you're having on Thursday??? What time is your appt.?

Kristin

Anonymous said...

Glad our little Tata is doing better. Looking forward to seeing her today.:)

margaret said...

HOPE THE ROLLER COASTER WILL STOP REAL SOON AND LET YOU OFF. ADAM,S LEG LOOKS BAD BUT THANK GOODNESS IT,S NOT ANY WORSE. I JUST TALKED TO LISA AND TAYLOR AND ADYSON WALKED IN AND STARTED HUGGING AND LOVING EACH OTHER. SHE SAID IT WAS SO CUTE. THEY MISSED EACH OTHER YESTERDAY. LET ME KNOW ABOUT THE BABY TOMORROW. WE ARE ALL EXCITED TO HEAR. LOVE NANA