Saturday, January 24, 2009

What a week!

This has been such a long week for it to be so short.

Monday - Though it was a holiday, I still had to work. I guess that's the downfall of being in the medical field. After work Monday was filled with doctor appointments and birthday parties. Taylor saw the ENT and he said she needed tubes. What a shock! She's scheduled tubes for Feb 11. She'll stay on antibiotics until then to keep her ears clear. After Taylor's appointment, we had Adams with the orthopedic. His legs checked out fine. Doctor basically said he was a lucky sun of a gun. It would take months for his legs to completely heal but he has no structural damage. That night we celebrated Melissa's birthday with pizza and delicious cupcakes. We had a good time and the kids enjoyed playing with each other.

Tuesday - What a snow storm! We got a whopping of a dusting that they cancelled school for. I had to stay home with Taylor since daycare closed for all the snow but we had a good time together. I was pretty exhausted by the time Adam got home that evening. We really didn't get much snow at our house, not compared to what I've heard some others had. What a dissapointment.

Wednesday - Back at work and it turns out that we have 3 clinical people out - for the rest of the week (didn't know that then). Since I'm on desk duty that makes the office even short staff for most clinical duties. I ended up handling 3 out of 5 of the nurse calls, which I've never done before. The office was insane. We were all struggling to stay afloat but made it through the week.

Thursday - After another crazy day at work, I had an OB appointment. Everything checked out fine. No changes and as the doctor said we're just staying the course. Call if anything changes. One good thing she helped me realize is the pain and pressure I'm having real low isn't contractions or contraction residual, it's ligament pain. She had me laid back and pressed softly where the ligaments were and it about made me jump off the bed. That's exactly some of the discomfort I've been having and she says the pains get worse with each pregnancy. So I'm more comfortable knowing that I'm not contracting as much as I thought I was. I do have to monitor for contractions each night but have been getting good reports. It seems I do pretty well unless I push myself physically to much and even then they calm down once I settle down. I go back in four weeks, which will make me 26 weeks and almost the time that I went into labor with Taylor.

Friday - We had a fake break in at the house. Drama never ends at the Morrison household. Kay and DOn came by to pick something up from the house while we work at work. When they arrived, our front door was wide open. As far as we can tell nothing was taken and the place was still a mess. For peace of mind, we are assuming Adam forgot to shut the door that morning. That afternoon, my home health nurse, Kim, came by to give me my 17p shot. My parents were there and enjoyed watching Taylor play with Kim. She's so good with her. Taylor loves playing with her equipment and shocked all of us by knowing how to use the stethescope and monitor. I swear in the pictures on Snapfish (and I'll post some here later) Taylor did everything on her own. I thought Taylor wouldn't be a medical person because of all she's gone through at the doctors office, but after seeing her Thursay, she may be a natural born nurse/doctor.

Saturday - Adam and I packed up and hit the road. We bought a dresser (from His House - the best kept secret in town) for the babies room. We quickly and nervously walked through the US#1 flea market - which is a place for people up to NO GOOD - shoppers and vendors. We scouted out some furniture stores for twin beds for Taylor. We are hoping to put her in a big girl bed real soon... we just have to find the right bed. We've got some in mind but haven't purchased anything yet. And most excitingly, we picked out the decor for Baby M's room. I can't wait to get it done. You can check it out at Babies R Us - it's called Mulberry by KidsLine. So pretty but the picture doesn't do it justice. We have so much to do the room right now, it overwhelming. And Taylor room actually needs to be rearranged as well. But for Baby M, it's currently used as a junk room. So we have to find places for everything in it. The carpet will most likely have to be replaced (due to too many cat accidents) and then we can start painting and decorating. We have a treadmill that we are going to try and sell. It's brand new - bought it last May and literally been used probably 10 times. We bought it for about $500 but would tell it for $350-$400, most likely. Not in stone, but if you're interested or know someone who is, please let us know.

Well that sums up our week. Hope everyone had a good one. Blogging off for now... check back later for pictures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The babies room pattern is berry cute! Tell Adam, come on, let us know the name. Pwease!Oh well, looks like I will be using my psychic powers on this one too. LOL