Monday, July 14, 2008

"Guiding Light"



Well I know it's been a week since I've blogged. I seem to either have choose sleep or blogging and these past days... sleep is just more important. But I figure I would let everyone know all that has gone on this week because wow... what a week! Adam calls it "Guiding Light." Let's see, we finished battling the Hand, Foot, and Mouth disease last week and Taylor actually got to spend 2 days at daycare. She was so happy to be back. Last Monday (a week ago) we got word that my uncle had died. He had been sick and just recently had surgery but it was still a complete shock. In fact, I believe our family is still in shock. It's hard to believe he's gone when he was here just here and improving. That was Monday and his funeral was Wednesday, which I thought was pretty quick but I guess it's better to get it over with. During all this I should mention there was alot of drama going on at work but I will save the details. Then Saturday, we woke up and Taylor had pictures taken at Portrait Innovations. She was suppose to have these done last weekend... but she was sick. Well this Saturday, she woke with a horrible runny nose. and cough. But I was determined to have these pics taken. She actually did really well - smiled alot. We just had to chase her nose between shots. However, by that afternoon she was really ill. So... we drove around trying to decide if we should take her to doctor's care (closed) or urgent care (2 hour wait) and decided on home. Sunday morning we got up first thing and visited the doctor... again. Of course, the verdict is viral and there's nothing we can do for her. So once again, Taylor is sick. She has been so miserable. In fact, last night she didn't sleep a wink and cried for 5 hours straight. Tonight she is already doing better since it's 9:00 and she's asleep.. we'll see if that lasts. I've used up all my time at work and employees patience, so Adam is playing 'house wife.' We've been blessed that he is 'able' to take the time off to stay at home. Oh- I don't think I've officially annouced this but Adam has accepted a job with BlueCross BlueShield starting July 28. He will be an Applications Developer I (I think). We are REALLY excited about this switch and should offer a promising career for Adam. Well I'm going to post some pics from Saturday and head to bed. 'B'logging off for now!




1 comment:

Carol said...

Hey. I thought you were going to bed. I saw the family picture (the one with the line thru your faces) and then it was gone.

I'm so sorry our little Tater Chip is sick. It's hard to imagine her crying for 5 hours because she's always so smiley. She must have been really miserable--which I'm sure made y'all miserable. I hope y'all sleep better tonight.

If I were a stay-at-hom CiCi, I'd love to just sit and rock her til she's better. But, I owe, I owe, It's off to work I must go.

Keep the guiding light burning as the world turns. Because it is the edge of night, I must sign off from the blogs of all my children and go to bed. After all, I only have one life to live and I need to try and stay young for my restless grandkids.

I love you all.
CiCi