Sunday, July 6, 2008

Would the real Taylor please come forward!!

So the new verdict is in... Hand, Foot and Mouth disease. After several days of fever and sore throat, she broke out in a tiny rash all over her body. Apprarently, this rash will turn to blisters and cause alot of pain. Luckily her rash is very fine, so the blisters will be very fine as well. Some of them have already started turning... but who knows how long this progression will be. She seems to be feeling better. Though at times, she is quite irritable. But her fever seems to be gone and the rash hasn't really stopped her from getting around. I think she must feel something on her hands, because she'll stop and look at them like something's on them.

So over the last few days, Adam and I have seen a new side of Taylor. One that we don't particulary care for. Last night for the first time in a few days, we were able to see our real Taylor, when Popsey and Cici came to see her. So I thought I would hightlight my perfect angels new characteristcs.

1. There is the I'm not sleepy *yawn*, I'm not going to sleep, *rub eyes* You can't make me, *scream* See I'm not tired, * climb up you* This goes on for hours.

2. She also has developed this 'fake' cry. Now this cry sounds fake, but I have yet to figure out if it is or not. Sometimes I think she's just miserable or doesn't feel well... other times it seems like she's having a temper tantrum. And it's hard to 'discipline' a child that could be crying out of sickness.

3. Let's not forget Taylor as the "human vaccum." The child has a litter sensor. She picks up the smallest and most disguised pieces of trash and eats them. I can't tell you how many times we've gone digging in her mouth.

4. Taylor the "Spoiled." "Hold me" ** climb up you** "Wait, don't leave me in the room alone" *cry* "Rock me to sleep"

5. Then lastly, there is the Taylor that doesn' t know what she wants. She wants up, she wants down. She is sleepy but wants to climb and play games. She's got no appetite but wants her bottle. She wants mommy but also wants daddy. geez...

All Adam and I are asking is where is our Taylor... you know.. the one who is real smiley and laughing all the time. How long will this irritable Taylor last?

No comments: