Thursday, July 31, 2008

What a week?

This has been quite an interesting week and it's not even over with yet.

So Tuesday I had a freak accident at work. I haven't told anyone but my husband this so I'm sure I'll be getting calls from my immediate family tonight - or when they read my blog. I work with IV's (starting and removing) and had my first blood exposure. When I was putting the patient's IV in the sharp's container somehow it splashed back and a drop of radioactive blood landed in my eye. It was freaky because I was wearing my eye glasses and I have no clue what it made it splash... as I was literally carrying it from point a to point b when it did it. But it happened. So I got to use our eye wash station for the first time - not fun. And then undergo some lab testing. I was lucky because I knew who the "source patient" was and she came in today to get 'exposure labs' done as well. She was understanding and compliant which makes the whole process alot easier.

Wednesday, we had a halarious day. Part of what I do at work, is carry out exercise stress testing. So I hook up patients to EKG's while they are on the treadmill which requires either shirts off (men) or to pull blouses up (women). Well we had this..... eccentric... female patient yesterday and she comes dressed in a floor length gray/blackish dress, thick, purple cotton socks and brown hiking boots. So when I get her back to do the treadmill, she had to pull her dress all the way up to her head so I go do my electrode placement. That's not too bad.... what was halarious is that when she got on the treadmill, I realized that if her dress was down then the wire would hang all the way to the floor and she would trip. So I'm thinking a mile a minute of a solution ( I should also mention that the physician is in the room - who is also my supervisor). My solution ended up being to tuck her dress into the belt around her waist (which was better than the patients solution which was to tuck it into the very top of her dress/bra). Either way, she had to walk/hike up the treadmill bearing her black panties. Meanwhile, Dr. Supervisor is having to stand behind her the entire time watching her panties ride up her behind. It was absolutely halarious!!! Infact, what's funny is that Dr. Supervisor and me are known for these crazy occurences. She told me afterwards, that she thinks that was the most halarious situation of all. It even beat the time she (barely 100 lbs) had to hug a 350lb guy's crack to keep his pants from falling off or the time that the lady peed on the treamill. Oh, how funny.

My friend, Natalie, just started a blog. I'll post a link to her blog under my sisters. I'm so glad she started. Natalie and I went to high school together but lives out of state with her son, Graham, whose 6 months old. So it's nice to see how they are doing and how big Graham is getting.

Today was a very busy day but nothing dramatic happened. Adam is still giddy about his job. He comes home excited nightly with different stories about his day.

Our neighbors came over and we hung out for a while. This was only the third time we've talked with the second being yesterday. She came over to let us know about the apparent crime happening in our neighborhood. Great, right? Apparantly, some guy was trying to get into a house with young girl babysitting. The cops were called and they got a description on the guy and actually I passed the guy pulling into my driveway. Also one of our close neighbors had their car broken into a few weeks ago. So we've decided to start a 'crime watch' with the three of our houses. We're also going to join up and do neighborhood supper club. The two houses across the street already are doing it and they asked if we wanted to join.

Taylor has had a good week so far. She's has developed this hitting things that she apparently does to only to me. At first, I wasn't sure if she knew what she was doing so I ignored it. But now it's clear that she does it when she's frustrated with me. (ex: I take something from her or talk to her when she doesn't want to be talked to, etc) It's gotten really frustrating because I don't know what to do about it considering she's only 10 months old. I think spanking can be appropriate in certain situations but not at this age. So I just tell her "no" really firmly and then she usually starts crying b/c I hurt her feelings. She might catch herself the next time but she does it again eventually. I think it's almost a reaction to her frustration... she just does it almost out of habit. I hope we can correct this and that it isn't a hint of the temper to come.

Taylor also has really started talking/babbling this week. She's got dada down pat, which really makes Adam happy. We think she knows who dada is as well. I think she's saying uh-oh and it sounded like she said "kiki' when petting patches today. So we are excited about this.

Well dinner just arrived... (Chili's) and I'm starved. Until next time...

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Wow! What a week indeed! I hope tomorrow is uneventful in the most pleasant way! I didn't see the link to Natalie's blog. I want to add it to my blog too, so let me know!