Friday, August 1, 2008

Second thoughts

Well I'm kind of having second thoughts about the PTA program. It's kind of overwhelming and I don't know where to start. I did find out that I have two 'basic' classes to take over- Anatomy and Physiology I and II. They have to be current by 3 years before entering clinical courses. But from the paperwork I got, I can't even apply for an interview for the program until both of those couses are done 20 observation hours and submit a written paper. Considering that fall starts... now and classes are full then it's possible I won't have these courses done until after summer semester and that's if they offer the second one during the summer. Who knows what the waiting list is.. I think it's a year or two, so I'm looking at starting the actual program in like 3-4 years. That alone is frustrating.

So I've thought about just going ahead and starting anyways and not lettig this get me down but it costs to apply to MTC and to take classes. I would hate to take one class if not two then to find out that the waiting list is too long and I'll be ancient. I don't know what to do but I'll keep you you posted.

3 comments:

kay said...

You will be the same age at the end of the PTA program as you would be if you didn't do it. So think, do I want to be age?? and have my degree or do I want to be that age and not have it.

Rhonda said...

Even if it takes 3 or so years, you won't be "ancient". Don't let that be the thought that holds you back. Set a goal that "by the time Taylor starts 1st grade I will have my degree".

grands4 said...

Amy, I tried throughout the years to go back to school and further my education in a different area. Each time there was a reason to stop...until an ugly supervisor told me one day, you won't ever be able to do anything more than what you're doing because you don't have your bachelor's degree. That's all it took to make me stick it out. The day I received my diploma at MUSC - I was so proud. I reached a big goal of mine. I've always thought of you as a PT and regretted you didn't continue on that path, but that's history. Go for your goal! It doesn't get any easier, and you will be so proud of reaching your dream!