Saturday, August 16, 2008

This week's highlights

I know it's been a week or so since I've blogged. But it's been a real busy week. I'll try and recap what I can.

1. Taylor is getting so big. I can't believe it. I looked at her today and saw a toddler instead of a baby. She is really cruising now and standing on her own. I am pretty sure she will be walking before her first birthday which believe it or not is only 6 weeks away. I can't believe she is almost one. Where does the year go.

2. It's been a real "poopy" week. Taylor pooped in the bath tub for the first time. I'm sure it won't be the last. But it was gross! We haven't gotten her ...regulated. Last week she was going all the time and I thought it was the milk base formula I was trying. This week she's struggling every time she goes. Also... I discovered little mice friend droppings at my work place this week. In fact they indulged in some of my snacks. I spent most my week disinfecting my work station. Again.. how gross.

3. Adam and I have started a hard core intense workout program called P90X. It's insane. The first night Adam did it, he couldn't even lift his arms. It was quite funny watching him scratch his head or put his glasses on. I am doing the same program but a different route and think it's quite fun. I actually am looking forward to the next workout. It calls for these workouts daily but as you can imagine it's hard to do that daily. So we do what we can and it's better than what we were doing before... nothing.

4. I finally got registerd for Midlands Tech. So I guess I am going back to school. Amazingly, the exact class and session I needed (which has been full) came open with one slot on Friday. So I was able to get into the class I need. I'm actuallly kind of looking forward to it.. alittle nervous but excited. It's an internet lecture and then lab once a week on site. We had to introduce ourselves on the discussion board and so far the others are in similar situations as me - going back to school and retaking the class.

5. Adam and I bought a new car today. YEA. We had been contemplating it but after getting word from an auto shop that the Nissan Sentra needed alot of work, we decided we would be better off trading it in. So we spent ALL day car looking while mom and dad watched Taylor. We ended up getting a 2008 Ford Edge which I've liked since I saw one last summer. We got an INCREDIBLE deal and are real excited about our purchase. I can't wait to show it off!


6. Taylor is teething...again. I swear she is going to have a mouth full of teeth before she turns one. She already has7 teeth and working on the 8th. Her new favorite teething toy is a corn cob. I eat the corn off of it and then hand it to her. She has a ball with it. Her other new teething toys include her crib and an icecube rag.


7. Taylor's Baptism is next Sunday. We are so excited to have this day finally get here. The date has been changed soo much and it's hard to believe that it's almost here.

8. I saw my doctor this week for a check up. My anemia and low iron (which I've been since pregnancy) is improving...slowly but nothing to be concerned about. Which is a relief. However, he is sending me to a GI doctor for some stomach troubles I've been having. How fun can that be. I'll keep you posted but hopefully nothing big will come of that.

9. Taylor had her first swing ride, that I know about. She acted like a pro so maybe she's done it at daycare. We were at my cousins graduation party at a church and we took the kids to the playground. She had so much fun and started screaming and kicking her feet. Adam and I have been wanting to get her a swing set for the house but they are so expensive and we don't have anywhere to put just a toddler swing. We will have to work on that. My mom says she's going to be like Adam with the adrenaline rush craze and maybe she will. She loves to be thrown in the air and all kinds of crazy things like that.



Well I'm exhausted and heading to bed. Blogging off -

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

I love your new car! Very nice!

grannykay1 said...

Like your car! Love the corn on the cob pic. Good luck with school.