Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Highlights

1. We had Taylor baptized this past Sunday. It went really well and it was a big milestone for us. She did excellent during the service. I was concerned that she wouldn't go to the Pastor or would fuss but she did neither. We had a good turnout so thank you for the support. After church we went to Fuddruckers and it was soooo yummy. Check out our pics from Sunday below.




Pastor Jeff



Popsey, Cici, mommy, Taylor, Daddy, Grammy, Grandpapa


"Let's Go, Mom"


2. I have a feeling we are going to have a handful with Taylor. She is exhausting - never slows down. She has never been a real cuddly baby. She's always wanting to play and goof off. She is so close to walking right now. She's standing with no support and will actually squat and stand back up. Her new temper tantrum behavior (remember the hitting) is that she screams a high pitch scream as loud as she can. The human ear can't tolerate it but once or twice before long term ringing occurs. I can't imagine that she is already like this and isn't even one. What are her terrible two's going to be like? On the other hand, she is so cute.



Taylor "walking" her toy on her knees across the room.


3. One more Taylor tidbit. She is getting her 8th tooth and who would have guessed it would be a molar. Yup, I'm not kidding. Her mouth is alittle crooked right now with four on top, three on bottom and now getting an upper molar. Her teething toy for the week (thanks to her dad only) was a chicken bone. I wasn't very supportive but she seemed to enjoy.




4. I start school this week. Please wish me luck for the semester. I'm taking Anatomy and Physiology on line. I will have to attend a lab on campus once weekly (Friday's). So I'm hoping the class won't be too overwhelming, especially since I did take it 7 years ago. Wow hard to believe it's been that long. Actually, I was in this lab class on September 11 when the world trade center fell. Where were you on September 11, 2001?


5. I've discovered a new outlook. Facebook. I've heard several people mention it and my sister mentioned it in her blog. So last night, I wanted to check it out. I believe I might be hooked. I have no clue how I'm going to keep up with both this blog and facebook but I was surprised at how many people I knew on Facebook. In fact, the most exciting thing is a girl I went to highschool with and was one of my best friends, I found ... in China. We lost touch when we graduatated. Her family moved out of state so we just lost touch. Well I was searching everyone I knew on Facebook and she was one and found her in China, apparently studying abroad. It was so cool. I haven't seen or talked to her in 8+ years and she was someone that made a huge impact in my life then.


Well It's 8:00 and time for Taylor's bed. Gotta go


2 comments:

kay said...

We enjoyed Sunday. Someone from your church called. They are on the ball. Taylor's personality is continuing to unfold. She is soo cute. Love that smile.

Keith, Kristin, Ava Grace, and Will said...

I hate that we missed her baptism. I heard that it was great and that your church is really nice. Taylor is such a pretty little girl!